Monday, January 22, 2018

if you ever wanted to know what I meant by that it would be this

I walk into your arms with independence,
cocaine strips grinning widely.
we sleep together, you ask me if I ever dream.

your blood runs around with risks uncalculated,
you open the door and say it was inevitable.
push all the buttons.

I have a triangle where your fingers should be,
honestly, I love the thrill.
enjoy the ride you asked for.

you're not picking up - 
you still don't get it, do you

the hunter's bullet lodges in my cracked ribs,
I can make it, I think, but barely.
you say I should smile more.

you're somewhere in this town, falling asleep,
not having this dream.
that's fine, that's fine, that's fine.

I don't know whose hands I feel around me,
but I changed my sheets to silk.
I want it to be quiet, no noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment